The season is really picking up! We’ve been seeing lots of familiar and new faces in the shop recently! Everyone is busy getting their bikes tuned up and in perfect shape for the heart of the riding season. Almost all the local trails are open and dry and we’re currently in the middle of a 5 day stretch of absolutely perfect weather.
If you happen to be in the market for a new mountain bike, boy do we have news for you. We here at Skiershop and Bike Stowe are very proud to announce we now have a brand new Intense Carbine for demo. Not everyone can afford a $6,000 mountain bike (although that hasn’t stopped us from trying things like fasting for new parts…), but now everyone can come try the all new Carbine from Intense. The bike is size medium, so riders from around 5’6″ to 6′ and can enjoy this amazing bike. Come check it out, and if you’re feeling brave, take it out for a ride!
Intense Cycles, known for their aluminum works of art, expands their offering with the Carbine. Intense’s first ever carbon frame, the Carbine was developed with the help of SEED engineering and their expertise in carbon fiber manufacturing. The Carbine might be beautiful to look at, but it does not want to be coddled. Ride it as hard as you possibly can and it’ll reward you with the sweetest ride of your life. It’s built for one purpose: to conquer all of the mountain.
- Trail/All Mountain
- Patented VPP Suspension
- Fox Factory Kashima RP23 Custom Carbine Tune
- Tapered Head Tube, requires ZS 44mm upper & standard 1.5″ pressfit 49.6mm lower
- Composite Bottom Bracket, pressfit (BB-92)
- Replaceable “G1” Dropout System (QR 135, Syntace 142×12, Shimano 142 QR 12)
- Adjustable Travel 5.5″/6.0″ (140mm/152mm)
- Dropper Seat Post Cable Routing
- H20 Bottle Mounts
- Direct Mount Front Derailleur
- Intense “FLK-GRD” Down Tube and Chain Stay Protector System
- Angular Contact Bearing/Collet Axle System with Replaceable Zirk Fittings
- 5.5 lbs w/ rear shock (Medium Size)
If you’re interested in the Carbine, but not located here in Stowe, feel free to call us toll free at 1-800-996-8398, or check it out on Skiershop.com.
If you are local, don’t forget to come join our group rides! Women’s only rides 5:45 on Wednesday, Open Ride same time Friday. It’s light out until 9PM now so we have plenty of time to explore the area! See you there!